This is a light hairspray recipe that has a similar effect to sea salt spray. Use before blow drying to hold curls, spray on roots to smooth down fly-aways or just spritz hair for added shine.
Thanks Bea Johnson for this amazing recipe.
- 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon white alcohol (gin or vodka is best)
- Slice lemons in halves
- Cover with water and simmer for 30 minutes
- Strain liquid through cheesecloth (or place a piece of paper towel over a metal strainer) to remove all the little bits of lemon
- Pour into a spray bottle
- Add white alcohol as a preservative
- Not sure on its expiry date but mine has lasted over 6 months and is still going strong.
- It has a faint smell of lemons and white alcohol that goes away very quickly.
- If not properly strained, the liquid can clog the spray bottle after a few months. If this happens, clean the nozzle with bicarb and vinegar.