I am very pleased with our homemade laundry powder. I feel like it’s better than the products we were buying before.
Thanks Trash is for Tossers for popularising this simple solution.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 bar of castile / olive oil based soap
- Put 1 cup baking soda in the oven for 1 hour at 200C/400F (mixing halfway). This process turns baking soda into washing soda.
- Grate soap with a fine parmesan cheese grater. Break it up with your fingers if the soap is a little too curly.
- After one hour, take the washing soda out of the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup baking soda and the grated soap into a jar. Mix thoroughly.
- Tear up any paper soap wrappers for the compost.
- One scoop for a load of washing is all I need.